Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Knit Club


1st RULE: You do not talk about KNIT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about KNIT CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or "cast off", the knitting is over.

.... ok, I'm too tired to try and think of any more.

This is K in my lounge at our weekly/bi-weekly Knit Club. At present it only consists of me, K and J but hey, we have a chat, some nice food, and sometimes manage to make no mistakes whatsoever (yeah right).
K is making a fab crochet scarf in Kidsilk Haze she found in a charity shop in Hackney! I got a blue one in the same pattern from her for Christmas and it is ace. :0)

Maybe next time Knit Club comes to Mitcham I will have my sofas and then my lounge will nearly be complete. I am very very excited. But then that's what happens when you've been living out of your bedroom (and the Holiday Inn) for a year. Here is a picture of one of them so you can drool over it too.

Today I did some very efficient things personal admin at work. Ordered another present for TT's birthday. Booked our car for our Ireland trip on the 4th Feb and bought some travel insurance. A worldwide policy just in case TT decides to take me somewhere far away. I also had a "genius" whilst looking for a camera case for my new digital camera I realised I can just make one! I have enough of the Noro Kureyon left over from my Booga Bag, and now I know how small it goes when it felts it should be fairly easy. I was going to start it tonight, but TT suggested that maybe I should finish the presents for other people first.... spoil sport!

Also, little football interlude. What is the bet that Burton beat Man U so I still don't get to see my team (Wolves ) play Man U at Molineux? (I was in India with work when we played them in the Prem and WON 1-0 and noone understood why I was so excited)

1 comment:

Sharon J said...

Your friend found Kidsilk Haze in a charity shop? What a find! I'm originally from Stratford so not far from Hackney. In fact, once upon a time I used to go to a car boot sale over at Hackney Wick Stadium almost every Sunday. Your knit club reminds me of the club I was in whilst living in Norway. There were just four of us but we had a lot of fun. ~Sharon