Monday, January 23, 2006

Le Weekend part 2 - the socks


Now what you have all been waiting for, my first socks. Okay, so there is not much to them (about 12 rows at the moment) but I had a few hiccoughs on the first couple of attempts.
I'm whizzing along now (not). It is very fiddly... but I am sure I will get the hang of it.
This is Opal sock yarn from a sock knitting set that L bought me for Christmas from Get Knitted
Now I have to think what my next project will be. I am off to Ireland for a week at the start of Feb, we are staying in a cottage so I am sure there will be lots of knitting time. I really want to make a brown jumper. I love Tubey, but I think that ribbing and stripes and my boobs will just not go together (even though I love the stripes). I read an article over Christmas about jumpers with short row shaping around the chest, I thought it was in Knitty, but I just can't find it. I remember a pattern for a really plain v-neck jumper that went with the article. I may have just dreamed it (quite possible) but if anyone else remembers it then please let me know. Otherwise I may have to make a Clapotis, but then I have to decide what wool to use and that is a whole other dilemma. Help!

No comments: