Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Silly Roo

Sometimes I get the feeling it is just not my day. Yesterday was one of these days.
I finish work at 7 on Tuesdays and for some strange reason whilst walking to London Bridge I decided to get the bus home. I'd heard the Northern line was playing up so had decided to get the train but then changed my mind... I had a little adventure through Elephant and Castle and Camberwell to Brixton and then changed and got the bus to my house. In the end it old took nearly 1 1/2 hours, which is about 30 mins more than my normal commute but the stop-start of the bus made it seem like it took forever and ever and it was so packed there was no chance of any knitting till Brixton.

I sat down ready to face the neck of the Train Track slipover after tea... I picked up the stitches and started knitting. it's probably only my second attempt at doing something like this (my excuse) but all the way through I had a nagging feeling my StSt was the wrong way around. I cast off, and sewed up the edges and then realised, yes, in fact, I had knit the collar back to front. GRRRRRR. So all of that care over all those cables and then I go and do something stupid like this. I really hope I can frog the neck and start again, I'm sure it will be fine. I was very annoyed with myself and then couldn't get to sleep, because I wanted to correct it then and there. I resisted and started planning on what to knit next. I hope that the little hat should be finished tonight; Knit Club is in Tooting Bec and then the pullover by the weekend. I think I have to make a start on the socks. It seems everyone (well everyone on the blogs I read) is knitting socks at the moment.

No comments: