Monday, July 10, 2006

So so soft

I did a bit of stash reorganisation when I got home from work today. I had to find out the cotton angora to take back to John Lewis after Ysolda told me how terrible it was. Obviously that is why it was on sale. Glad she told me before I knitted it into a blanket that would make everyone sneeze! I sorted out some things I am never going to use to put on ebay, mostly acrylic stuff I bought when I first started knitting again, and some Rowan Ribbon twist that I am slightly "over" now.
Anyway, whilst sorting out I found some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and remembered the pattern for the hoodie from the first issue of Simply Knitting. It is simply the softest and most lovely thing I have ever knit with, even better than the baby cashmerino because it is so much thicker. So it looks like Sam will have a present after all. I'm thinking of making the front with a big star on, but I'm not sure. Or possibly with stripey sleeves. I only have 5 balls and the pattern states you need 6, so I reckon either of these things will mean I can buy just one extra in a contrast colour.
Also, my first Secret Pal parcel arrived today to replace the one obviously lost in the post between here and canada. A fab crochet dishcloth and bookmark and some patterns. Thanks secret pal! I'll post some piccies tomorrow as I'm all out of battery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it finally arrived now i'll send your packages to that address :) SP8

kateandmonsters said...

Hmmm... now what am I supposed to do with my cotton angora? I need to ebay a bunch of my stuff as well... too muc bought in the sales over the last few years that I'll never use. I loooove the cashmerino stuff. Have made a few baby sweaters with it. It's sooo soft!