Saturday, October 28, 2006

Another 30th Birthday sock.

In the land of sock knitting this week we have the start of the first of the Slip Up Socks for Tony's sisters 30th birthday in mid-November. It is in Lorna's Laces Purple Club, which Tony chose from my ridiculously large sock yarn stash. The ribbing makes it really stretchy, but quite hard to photograph. I'm not that convinced I like it, I think it is because you see so much of the purl side. I've just started on the heel, which I like a lot more, being stocking stitch. I'm sure it will be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really gorgeous - I'm totally in love with that pattern, and the yarn you're using is amazing! I love purple! Happy Knitting!

Anonymous said...

Dear Roo,
Did you see that I have a random knitting muse on my blog...http://haveforkwilltravel.blogspot.com/2006/10/innocent-knitter.html I bet you could make fabulous hats, aren't they like tiny, weeny socks?
J