Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Blankets and Christmas

The sun came out on Sunday and I finally got to take a picture of the finished blanket for baby Hattie. Here it is in it's full glory.

Pattern: Made from 2 different squares from 200 Crochet Blocks with a single and double crochet border.
Yarn: Jaeger Aqua Cotton in 316 - Ruby, 331 Marigold, 330 Daffodil,303 Herb, 317 Blue agate and Comfrey (which is discontinued)
Started: Mid September 2006
Finished: 10th November 2006.
I'm packing this up to send off tonight. The cotton isn't anywhere near as soft as the Baby Cashmerino that I used for this blanket, but I think it works really well with the crochet squares and the colours are bright and rainbow like, just as I wanted them to be. Fingers crossed it is a success. Now I have 3 months until the next baby is due, I should get cracking really!
Instead I have been making this:
A Christmas stocking for little Carys. I decided it would be a good time to practise some fair isle. I got in a big tangly mess to start with but have it a little bit more sussed now. The snowflakes at the top where my deisgn and I am shocked at how well they came out, but the people and reindeers came from a chart in Simply Knitting. Not long to go now before the heel, must remember to give the reindeers feet first. AND it is all using oddments from my stash. How cool is that?
Whilst I was making the stocking, my Christmas Cake was baking. The tried and tested Irish Whiskey Cake... I'll decorated with glace fruits and nuts just before Christmas. Yum

2 comments:

Sean Carter said...

Wow!! The blanket and the stocking looks so vibrant!! Do peep into my Holiday Blogif you are looking out for some exciting and out of the box ideas....

Anonymous said...

That stocking is incredible. And i want to eat that cake.

Kerry