Finished: Mid Dec
Comments: I absolutely loved making this, and I hope Carys enjoys wearing it as much. I reckon it is my favourite knit so far! I found some cool jeans with pink and green flowers on to match. The wool is gorgeous to knit with, the pattern is ridiculously easy, but it looks really cool. Unfortunately the picture doesn't really show the stitch pattern too well - the link above shows it a little better.
Finally for today I will let you peak at one of the final Chrismas presents, it should be with the recepient tomorrow.
Pattern: Kai Sweater from Louisa Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Mum's
Started: 24th December
Finished: 27th December
Yarn: GGH Samoa in a lime green colour (from the Get Knitted summer sale) - 3 balls.
Comments: Another favourite I think. I love the colour, and it is a bonus that it is something NOT BLUE for a boy. It might be a little bit big for Toby, but I made the 12 month size as he is quite big for just over 6 months. I did make the sleeves a little shorter than in the pattern, as I always find sleeves ridiculously long on babies clothes. This was so quick to make - that's the aran weight cotton I guess. After all of the socks, it seemed like a miracle it was finished so quickly!
I need to take a picture of Tony's finished Christmas socks... they are in the wash at the moment. I also have one last Christmas Knit to finish - the cardigan from the front of the EMU baby book here in the same RYC Cashsoft as the Cosy Tank Top above.
Then it is on to more projects. Here are the items on the knitting agenda, a bit ridicuous I think
1. I want to make some fingerless gloves that turn into mittens from the angora my SP sent me.
2. Finish off the odd Fair Isle Free sock
3. 30th Birthday present for Suzie (Bday 14th Jan) - not socks, maybe a cop-out scarf! Or maybe some DK socks, which will be superfast!
4. Jumper for Sam, who will be 2 on 10th Jan
5. 30th Birthday socks for James (15th February) - in Crystal Palace colours.
6. Clapotis in the burnt orange silk Kerrie dyed for my mum's birthday (10th Feb)
7. (And most important) - baby blanket for Carys' new baby brother or sister. Due 15th February. I am having a hard time deciding between the Debbie Bliss Alphabet Blanket and the Roost Blanket from the Lucinda Guy "And so to Bed" Book.
Or just making another blanket from crochet squares. What do you think?