Sunday, September 02, 2007

Falling behind

I feel like I've been falling behind a little with the blog over the last week or so, looks like my social life must've picked up :0)
All I've got to show is this little amigurumi butterfly I made to send off to Australia to match these booties.I haven't even managed to post off the parcel yet and Isobel was born quite a few weeks ago now. Oops. Along with a few other parcels I have been meaning to send.
Now that the manic knitting for 30th birthday's thing is over I find myself at rather a loss. MS3 continues - I've finished clue 3 but haven't looked at it since Monday. I've finished my Yarn Yarn socks (pictures when they come out of the wash) and I'm 3/4 done on the brown socks I started in July for Tony.
I started the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts with the Mirasol I bought last week - but the colours were all wrong so I frogged it! I spent last night planning to make"Fyne" from the new Rowan book. I've ordered (and received) the felted tweed and I've made a new chart in Excel which will be easier for me to follow as my colour choice is different.
Brown for the main colour (how predictable) and then the others for the Fair Isle.

I am also going to try to knit it in the round upto the arm holes, as I fear my tension will be much more even that way. Swatching later I hope - that's if I get all the chores done. Lots of washing and cleaning to do as we are off to Toronto next weekend - Yipeeeeeeeeee!
Finally - I'm also behind on posting for the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap -

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Gryffindor
2. List your favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. Or would you prefer circulars? I love Britanny Birch 15cm's (somewhere between 2.5mm and 3.5mm). However most of the socks I knit are on 30cm addi turbos.
3. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
I'm up for trying anything!
4. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? I'm not Ravenclaw
5. Do you have any allergies?Nope
6. If you are swapping scarves - what is your desired length for the pattern? This will help your partner find the pattern that is just right for you and buy yarn accordingly. I'm swapping socks

4 comments:

Piglottie said...

I love the butterfly - so cute :) I bow to your bravery for tackling Fair Isle, and shall watch with interest. Thanks for posting the questionnaire :)

Bryony Ramsden said...

The butterfly is FAB :D And Fyne will be gorgeous - lovely colour choices. Can't wait to see it in action and how you find the pattern :)

Linda said...

The colours for your fair isle look great. I like the butterfly, very cute. I would like to try anig-watchit sometime!

Anonymous said...

Another Addi Turbos knitter- I have to think about getting some of those- everyone RAVES about them.

Hope you had a lovely vacation!
Devin
Gryffindor Prefect