Monday, December 31, 2007

Start as you mean to go on...

Last year I knit or crocheted: 1 pair of mittens, 1 skirt, 1 lace stole, 1 hat, 1 pair of booties, 1 tie, 1 tank top, 1 bag, 1 blanket, 2 pairs of handwarmers, 3 toys, 3 scarves, 5 items of children's clothing and 13 pairs of socks.

Out of these 35 items only 8 were for me....

On the needles at the moment are 4 pairs of socks (only 1 for me),
gentleman's evening 001 Kilt Hose 002 retro 001 pomatamus
1 blanketP1020115,
1 present for my mom,flower wrap 001
1 jumper for Carys.Hugs and Kisses 002

So I have decided that 2008 will be a year of more knitting for me, and less gift knitting.
I also want it to be a year of making bigger garments and more lace knitting
Here is the vague plan...
For me:
A tank top - based on Ms Marigold for me using Rowan Calmer.
A aran type jumper/cardigan jacket using the aran wool I bought in Ireland nearly 2 years ago
Start on Fyne tank top that I have swatched for:
Fyne Swatch 002
Another lace project.
For Others: Finish the WIPs above and start a baby blanket for the new arrival due in about a week, a baby brother or sister for Toby.
I wonder if I will manage to stick to these?

No comments: