Sunday, January 27, 2008

A lovely weekend

It was such a lovely sunny day today Tony and I had a trip out to the seaside. Seeing as we live just about as far from the sea as is possible in the UK, this was perhaps a little bit silly... but with views like this it was worth it!
Barmouth Estuary
barmouth 004
And what could be better than chips at the seaside! (Sadly, Sizzlers Burger Emporium was closed!)
barmouth 002

After my visit to Nottingham on Saturday I am pleased to report that baby Joshua is just gorgeous, I forgot my camera (doh) , but I did make Cath take some photos of Joshua, his new blanket and I. The blanket was very well received :0) as was the orange Chevvy van for Toby and the Chocolate for Cath & Phil.
I didn't quite have time to finish this before heading off to Nottingham, so I'll put it in the post tomorrow. Every baby needs a tank top!

oz vest 002

Pattern: Oz Vest from Louisa Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Mums.
Yarn: Left over DB Cashmerino from Joshua's Blanket
Size: - 0-3 months
Started: 22nd Jan
Finished: 27th Jan
Comments: This is the second time I've used the Oz Vest pattern, it is a really quick baby knit. I love the stripes and they work much better with the garter ridges than I expected. I crocheted around the armholes, as I find this easier and neater than picking up stitches.

4 comments:

Sue said...

The baby vest looks gorgeous, and how nice that it matches his blanket too.

Linda said...

Wasn't it just gorgeous weather yesterday, the seaside trip must have been worth it, especially with fish and chips! The little top is cute.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I must add it to my baby knits list.

Ang said...

I used to live in Barmouth!

Love that little tank top.