Sunday, October 12, 2008

A problem rectified

I completely forgot about the Yarn Harlot's latest challenge until Delle reminded me in the comments of my last post. What AM I going to do if I come across a politician or head of state if I don't have a sock?
So, I have rectified the situation, but I'm in a quandry.
Here is the sock:
Honeybee
Honeybee by Stephanie van der Linden.
I'm knitting them in the new Malabrigo sock yarn I got from Alice at Socktopus. The yarn feels absolutely divine. The pattern is not nearly as hard as I imagined it would be BUT it is making the yarn pool - there is a big chunk of purple to the right of the first bee. I don't actually mind the pooling, but these are going to be a present for someone else as part of the SoSeSaSw. Should I rip them out and fine a plainer yarn, or should I carry on? Hmm. It's a hard one. Please advise.

In the mean time I have finished another hat
cubba 005
Pattern: Cubba from Wee Woolly Toppers
Yarn: RYC Extra Fine Merino in Blood (about 2/3rd of a ball)
Size: XS
Needles: 3.5mm
Started: 9th October
Finished: 11th October
Comments: I'm sure this will look much cuter when worn! Easy pattern, very fast knit. Job done! Must get it in the post before baby Olivia is too big for it.

3 comments:

M. Shioda said...

cute hat!!!

I don't mind the pooling.

Dawn said...

The socks are looking good! I'd check with your swap pal - she may not mind pooling like that. Me, I don't mind pooling unless it's like that, on one side!

The hat is also very cute. I'm wondering if I should make one for my new great-niece. Also, we have another nephew arriving next month.

Roobeedoo said...

Hmmm. I think it depends what happens next - it might do a big swirling diagonal stripe which would be cool but distracting. I agree with Dawn - a lot depends on the taste of your swap chum. If you don't want ot ask outright you could always search her blog for "pooling"! Yes - cute hat!