Wednesday, November 05, 2008

An abundance of mysteries

Mystery Beret by Woolly Wormhead. Instructions are posted on the Wormhead Hats forum in Ravelry. I've started mine in Rowan Pure Wool Aran, Praline colourway - to match my coat and mittens. The next clue is out tomorrow.
Mystery Beret - Clue 1
These socks however won't match anything!
Mosaic Mystery
November mystery socks from the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry. I can't decide if I love them or loathe them! Made from Yarn Yard Bonny - the purple (main colour) is the last club yarn - I get a whole 100g of the solid. The green is left over from my embossed leaves and the yellow is a mini skein I bought a while ago (and used in my very stripey socks). What do you think? Love or Loathe - be honest!

I'm hoping to pick better colours for the Mystery Mitten KAL that Natalie at The Yard Yard will be hosting soon - see I told you Mitten fever was catching!

Ooooh, and look at those needles - my new knitpicks harmony circulars. I am going to master magic looping this week. I *may* have accidentally ordered some things from Alice at Socktopus this week....
If I show you very small pictures you may not be jealous
Malabrigo SockMalabrigo SockMalabrigo Sock
Two skeins of Malabrigo Sock - in Tiziano Red and Impressionist Sky and a skein of Dream in Colour Smooshy in Lipstick lava.
The DIC is going to be socks for me - I NEED red socks. I think one of the skeins of Malabrigo is going to go to my Sosesaswa Kit pal - but possibly not!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm sorely tempted by the mitten kal, I think it's seeing all of those mittens out there in blogland, and having a little cold snap last week. I thought you meant YY's variegated club yarn, but I see it's a solid yarn. Looks like we'll both have purple socks for SKA!

Roobeedoo said...

I see you were patient enough to wait for Alice to load all the Malabrigo colours on the site before your purchased! I went for Persia and Eggplant but that was before I saw the Tiziano! The new HazelKnits looks lovely too - Chocolatier - mmm! No no no no must not...
Those socks are... um... bright? I think its the yellow I don't like. But you love yellow so that's OK!

Kate said...

Mystery mittens... hmmm..!

I think the sock colours are fantastic, but maybe they're too much when combined with the sock pattern?

Alison said...

Love the socks- your yellow ones will feel distinctly dull beside them in your sock drawer!
Mystery beret looking good too!