Thursday, November 27, 2008

To the frog pond....

Harika just isn't working for me in my chosen yarns....
Harika
I needed a lesson in colour theory; then I remembered this Knitty article
The values just aren't different enough. I turned the photo B&W to demonstrate. The Navy and the dark red work with the grey but the other colours are just too close.
Harika
I need to start again with either a really light or really dark contrast colour. I also need to swatch. Lessons learnt.

I'm hoping to learn more this weekend, I'm off to Norfolk for the Socktopus weekend with Lucy Neatby. A whole weekend dedicated to sock knitting, can you imagine? Must remember to take photos!

5 comments:

Esther said...

that's a shame when that happens - I never swatch either, I just want to get started!

Linda said...

have fun with the sock weekend! Thats interesting about the colours. Thank you for the link.

Dawn said...

A great idea to turn it into B%W.
Hhave a great weekend, I'm jealous!

Roobeedoo said...

Oh what a pity after all that knitting! But you are right - no point in continuing when they will be "nice" rather than "fantastic". I am excessively jealous of your weekend! P.S. no package yet...

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the weekend, I'm not in anyway jelous. Looking forward to seeing photos.