Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ishbel

I'm back from a wonderful week in the Lake District with lots of finished items to show you. Firstly, Ishbel from Ysolda's Whimsical Little Knits collection.
Beautiful Ishbel
It has been cold in the office recently and I have been wearing my swallowtail shawl to death. I fancied a little bit of lace and fell in love with this simple scarf/shawl.
Beautiful Ishbel
It is knit using The Yarn Yard "Beautiful - BFL" yarn we got as our end of September Solids club parcel. This photo below is about as true a likeness as I can get. The yarn has been overdyed so has a purply sheen to it. I wanted to make a shawl from this, it is too good to be hidden away in shoes.
Beautiful Ishbel
An easily memorised lace pattern made this just fly along on my commute to work and made a nice change from socks!
Beautiful Ishbel
So I had a lovely new scarf to wear in chilly Keswick last week!
Started: 15th February
Finished: 27th February
Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda
Yarn: The Yarn yard "Beautiful" in September solids club
Needles: 3.75mm addi lace turbos
Comments: A quick and simple lace pattern. Not as soft as my swallowtail (well that is silk and cashmere) but this will no doubt get a lot of wear.

6 comments:

Flossie in Stitches said...

Wow, that's beautiful. I think I might try this pattern, as it isn't too much lace. I love knitting lace now, but the large amount of stocking stitch means I can knit on the bus. My memory isn't as good as yours!

Alicia said...

Very nice!!!I have recently added this to my queue of Lace shawls to start knitting Lace this year, would you say it's a beginner project?

Joy said...

Great minds think alike :-)

I cast on for Ishbel on Thursday - and I'm even more pleased that I did now that I have seen yours! It's beautiful!

florencemary said...

It's stunning! I can't wait to knit this one!

Roobeedoo said...

I hadn't realised you had used an overdyed yarn - that really is lovely! And so is the view through that window!

Dawn said...

Oh that's very nice! I also have that yarn (I think, the colour changes all the time - was it the first of the offerings?) and think it looks fabulous in here. I must take it OUT of the sock yarn solids box and put it in with my scarf yarns!