Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sock Innovation and Inspiration

Cookie A patterns have featured heavily in my train knitting over the past couple of weeks. After meeting Cookie and seeing all of these wonderful socks in the flesh in Loop at the start of April, I could not resist casting on multiple projects.
First up we have Kai-Mei:
Kai-Mei
This is finished, a single sock for Natalie at The Yarn Yard, for her stall display at Woolfest
Started: 22nd April
Finished: 30th April
Pattern: Kai-Mei by Cookie A from Sock Innovation
Yarn: Yarn Yard Bonny in the solid from the Provence sock club colourway.
Needles: 2.5mm
Comments: A very quick knit. I liked the interesting gusset decreases - and the little bee pattern was really easily memorised after the Honeybee Socks.
I will definitely be making a pair of these for me.

Next up is Kristi - why I decided to start with a pattern that I didn't even understand the chart for I will never know - I must have wanted a challenge!
After colour coding the chart, and looking at the errata, and nearly frogging several times I have finally got into a rhythm with these. Possibly the most complicated thing I have made so far....
Kristi
Still slow going, as I have to refer to the chart on each row, but I can just about knit these on the train now!

If that wasn't enough, I have offered to test knit a pattern for Joy - she designed this sock at the Socktopus Cookie A workshop and has written up a pattern. It is called Hopsox and is going to be offered as a p/hop pattern when complete. It is looking good so far in my lovely Dairy Milk coloured Toddy, photos next time :o)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Ooh, I love the Kai-Mei - may have to get the book now...

You enabler, you!

KnittingArchivist said...

Beautiful socks!!! :) Oooh, now i can't wait to get Cookies book in my hands!

florencemary said...

Wonderful socks - I particularly like the Kai-Mei pattern! I'm not a great sock knitter, but I'm very tempted by this new book.

And your Aeolian is looking so beautiful! I mustmustmust get round to knitting this soon....

Dawn said...

Nice socks! I must make more single socks for Natalie - I keep changing my mind about which pattern I want to try!

Linda said...

Joys sock is lovely, and the cookie a one. Don't forget to do your shawl too, which is amazing.

Ling said...

Your socks look great. I love Kai-Mei. Must knit that soon.
And I'm looking forward to seeing Joy's socks.

scarletprincess said...

Super gorgeous socks- really love those purple ones!