Friday, May 01, 2009

Train Knitting

The Aeolian Wedding Shawl is not really suitable for train knitting; the rows are too long now, it is too complicated, too white and needs beads. The Kristi socks I started from my Cookie A book also required too much concentration in the beginning, so I had to find something else to knit. I flicked through Sock Innovation and kept coming back to Kai Mei - perfect train/car knitting - lots of 3x3 rib. The little lace motifs are the same as the ones on my Honeybee socks too, so required virtually no memorising.
Kai-Mei
This sock was cast off yesterday on the train to Manchester - it is going to be an odd sock - a sample for Natalie at The Yarn Yard for her stall at Woolfest. Finished photos and project details over the weekend.
So what to knit next? A rather large Posh Pink Parcel arrived at my house last week - for once I was in front of the computer at 7pm on a Sunday evening and I bought quite a lot of yummy yarn. Ooops. The Posh Laura in the colourway "Puck" is magically turning itself into an Ishbel whilst I am not looking.
Ishbel no 2
My spending spree hasn't ended there... I succumbed to the Yarn Yard update last week too... how could I refuse all of these purples?
Yarn Yard Stash

3 comments:

Probably Jane said...

Great knitting and a fine haul!

Anonymous said...

Lovely stash additions.

Linda said...

I do love the Kai mei pattern. Your yarns look rather lovely too.