Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Something old, something new and something secret too!

Something old:
Hexagon Blanket - Sept 09
My Noro hexagon blanket, started back in March 2006. I've crocheted a few more hexagons over the last couple of weeks (not joined, at the bottom of the picture). I've got about 3 or 4 skeins of Noro left- but need some to edge the blanket in. Going to aim for 8 more hexagons and then some half hexes and see how it looks. It is already big enough to keep my knees/legs warm whilst watching TV :o)

Something new:
Autumn Hoodie
I fear you may see a lot of these in blogland - Heather Hoodie Vest from Knitscene. This is knit in Patons Inca - a chunky yarn with Alpaca - this is the back and I'm about 1/2 way up the left front. I was hoping it might be finished for our upcoming trip to Canada - but I've been distracted by this....

Look away now if you don't want to see the September Socktopus parcel...

Spoiler

Alice has really outdone herself this time!
September Socktopus Sock Club
A Yarnissima pattern and Wollmeise yarn! Neither of which I have used before. I was soooooooo unbelieveably excited when I opened the parcel.
AND we got that fabulous sock bag (just like the ones Roobeedoo made the other week which I was very jealous of) AND some little Matryoshka doll stitch markers!
Here is my progress so far - Judy's magic cast on and everything!!!
September Socktopus Sock Club
I think my sock mojo is back. Yipeee.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh your sock is looking loveley :-) I am still contemplating mine. I had little sheepie stitchmarkers in my parcel btw, sounds as though there was a variety

Roobeedoo said...

OOH! So much gorgeousness! Lovely lovely blankie, and the Hoodie (of course) but most of all that Socktopus package - WOW! What size of needles are you using for the sock? Twisty twosty loveliness!

picperfic said...

love the hex blanket and everything! Aren't we so lucky to have some wollmeise and that pattern, bag and markers! I wanna knit my socks, got to do too much work though, I will soon!

I am knitting something in Patons Jet, which has alpaca in it, and I love the halo it is giving the fabric. Same colour too, for a baby..I might post a photo one day! lol