Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rockies part 2

Here are more of my holiday favourites:
Maligne Lake, near Jasper.
Maligne Lake
The weather was just amazing that day.
Maligne Lake
Minnewanka Lake, near Banff
Lake Minnewanka
My new hat and jumper near the Athabasca River
Sunwapta Falls
Mushrooms, we saw lots. I took a lot of pictures of mushrooms, this is my favourite.
Fungi
And finally, this is Damson by Ysolda Teague. I wound my most favourite ball of Yarn Yard Toddy at about midnight on night before we flew to Canada.
Damson Shawl
I'm so glad I did - I love the way the subtle blues and purples work in this shawl.
I knit this through the hours of delays at the airport on the way home, I have never been so glad of long rows!
I used every last cm of yarn too - casting off as we landed back in the UK!
Damson Shawl
What's next? Well, another Ysolda design of course!
Vine Yoke Cardigan
I'm jumping on the bandwagon - it's a Vine Yoke Cardigan from The Twist Collective in Dream in Color Classy.

4 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Lovely damson! I can see I am going to buy WLK2 very very soon! Did you buy your DiC in Canada?

Linda said...

I oloved seeing all your pictures, what a fabulous trip. the knitting is good too, Damson is on my list of to dos.

Probably Jane said...

Gorgeous photography - you look as if you had a wonderful time. Good to have you back though.

Off to buy Whimsical Little Knits 2 you enabler you!

Flossie in Stitches said...

Great to have you back, what a wonderful holiday and amazing photos!

I think I might copy you and knit the Vine Yoke cardigan and I'm not sure about the Damson shawl too. I bought 3 skeins of Koigu in New York that could be just right for it.