Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roo

After my day out in London on Thursday, I spent most of the weekend sitting in the shade of the apple tree in the garden trying to finish the sleeves on Roo.
Roo - the last sleeve
Roo then got a good soak and was pinned out to dry under the shade of the same tree.
Roo - Blocking in the garden
I spent Monday and Tuesday evening sewing up the seams and choosing buttons.
The end result:
Started: 21st March 2010
Finished: 25th May 2010
Pattern: Roo by Kate Gilbert. Published in the Twist Collective
Size: 28" - although mine turned out about 26"
Yarn: 3 skeins of Dream in Colour Classy, in Absolute Magenta. Purchased from Pure Purl.
Needles: 4.5mm addi turbos.

Roo - The front
And the back... I just love those cables.
Roo - Back Cables
And the buttons - 10p in the sale at House of Fraser.
Roo - The buttons
I picked up three stitches and made an i-cord for the loop and grafted it back to the original stitches.
Fingers crossed it fits (as it is a bit smaller than I would have liked) and that Carys likes her new hoodie!

5 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Ooh, Roo, Roo is even lovelier than I expected! Those buttons are definitely the perfect finishing touch and should help it stay closed, more than a toggle might have done. And you are looking very relaxed!

Kate said...

It's lovely. I *need* to knit one now!

Linda said...

What a beautiful knit!

CCK said...

Just gorgeous, I need little ones to knit this for. It's just stunning.

Sena Çeyiz said...

Superb. Your site seems to enjoy .. Very good health in your hands cardigan. . bye