Tuesday, August 24, 2010

12 in 12 Pair Two

I missed out on finishing a pair of socks in July - I was otherwise occupied!
However I have managed my August pair... for a very small boy with ridiculously large feet (for his size at least)
Tom's socks
Knit in left over Socks that Rock Mediumweight in the nodding violet colourway.
A 2x2 rib, over 3o stitches on 2.5mm needles . I thought I'd cast on 32 but then couldn't be bothered to change it so made a "feature" of the 4 knit stitches together at the back of the leg!
Tom's socks
You can see in the photo above how long his feet are - 9cm - newborn socks are already too small, as are the feet in most of the sleepsuits we have.
A perfect excuse to knit more!
Tom's socks
Plus you can take comedy WIP photos. Oh the joys of having a model who cannot do anything about it.
Tom's Socks

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hmmmm.

What lovely little socks Ruth, and lovely little feet too :-)

tea and cake said...

beautiful!

I used to find that if you boil babygros, they would stretch; or cut off the feet and use, um, socks!

I have my p/hop square done, and will get it off to you, pronto - sorry, been busy! x

Kate said...

They look tiny compared to Rose's clodhoppers I mean, delicate girly feet. Love the WIP photo. He's clearly a very patient little man. :-)