Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Knits of the Year

I cannot quite believe it is nearly the end of January! Where does the time go?
There has been knitting - a late Christmas present for a special friend who has had a horrid 2010.

Pretty Thing by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Pretty Thing
It turns out I now have the required brainpower for lace. Made in Posh Sophia 2ply is a a gorgeously soft cashmere hug. It used about 17g of yarn, so I have enough left over from a 55g ball for possibly two more!

Then there is the first FO of the year - Godfather socks for Thomas in left over Hazel Knits yarn from my Oolong socks.
Godfather socks for Thomas
Named Godfather socks because they were knit whilst watching the Godfather trillogy over New Year. They are a little big yet - but at the rate he is growing it won't be long before they do fit.

I'll be back soon, with a new hat and tales of a weekend away in a Convent in York with many other knitters and a few babies thrown in for good measure.

2 comments:

CCK said...

And if your photo subjects in York allow, I'd love to see some friendly faces.....

Roobeedoo said...

Pretty pretty thing! I am sure you aren't supposed to throw babies - you are thinking of pots! Have a fab time with the gals!