Sunday, January 01, 2012

Hats Galore

In an attempt to catch up on what I've made in the last few months here is a little summary of the headgear produced here at Rooknits.

In December, two more Springtime Hats. This one in chunky weight alpaca merino mix from Fyberspates that I got in a p/hop swap.
Hat's for Evie
And this one in some Malabrigo Worsted I purchased on a recent trip to Loop in London.
Hat's for Evie
At the start of October I made Bimple from Woollywormhead's Bambeanies for Thomas from half a skein of Colinette Iona
Bimple Hat
He wasn't too happy about modelling it, but has been wearing it quite happily since it got colder. Plus the ties mean it stays on!
The colourway is Copperbeach, which meets the boyish but interesting criteria I set myself.
Bimple
Another Bambeanies knit was Queenie, for a little girl who turned 5 in October. This one is in Noro Silk Garden - and I am very thankful to Caroline who donated the little extra yarn I needed to finish it.
Queenie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

As my current projects are earflap hats, I'm finding the construction of yours very interesting! I like the way the actual ear section has the shaping down the middle. Great colours too.

dogquilter said...

Cute hats!! love love