Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday - A flowery blanket

This week crochet has taken over from the knitting. I started a sock, however it seems it will fit Thomas, not Owen. Ho hum. Thomas needs welly socks too so it isn't a problem. However it is Owen's birthday very soon so I do need to get a wriggle on with those.

I have to tear myself away from this first though....
Baby number 4 for one of my best friends, she has three blankets already; it wouldn't be fair to leave this one out.

Flowery blanket
The flower squares are based on Marigold from Jan Eaton's 200 crochet blocks - or rather the middle bit is. I think the squares will block to 25cm x 25cm. My calculations tell me I can get 4.5 squares out of each ball - so the two balls will give me a 75cm square blanket. However, I think I will want to add a border, so will probably order another ball.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Ahh I have just seen your tag and it has answered my question that that yarn is in fact the bargain balls! I really need to get my hands on some. I hadn't thought about using it for a blanket!

Shannon said...

Those looks so fun! Great squares - the flowers look lovely!