Monday, August 27, 2012

Pop!

This special handspun yarn has been waiting for the perfect project for quite a long time. It is a a 3ply yarn made up of 3 singles each single coming from a seperate 100g braid of The Yarn Wench Falkland:  464m / 310g - 16wpi Pop yarn
I got it in a swap with a friend on Ravelry back in 2009. I thought it might make the yoke of a cardigan for me, but when I saw Knittingtastic's Pop! Cardigan I knew it would be perfect. The patttern is from Knit Now magazine (issue 11) - (this magazine also has an amazing pair of socks also designed by Rachel) and was designed to be a quick weekend project with 100g of DK yarn.
 Pop!
 It took me 3 evenings to make the smallest size - and then another week to choose buttons! Pop!
I wasn't sure how the yarn would knit up, but now I am left hoping that my bump is a girl... as don't think I can part with it!

1 comment:

Rachel A said...

Such a beautiful and very special Pop! The yarn is just stunning and I love the mix and match buttons.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about my patterns, I'm really flattered and the support from all the Sheddites has been very amazing. I hope a little girl pops out so I can see her modelling it, and if it's a boy then maybe a change of buttons and he can rock it instead?
p.s. Just seen the beautiful ripple blanket for your friend, it's stunning...one day my crochet skills will be up to creating such a project.
Take care and see you soon xxx